This piece of news came from the legendary Tony Hawk himself. Little shredder Evan Doherty pulls a 720 on the vert ramp at the young age of 8.
For those of you who don’t follow skateboarding, 720s are staple tricks of vert competition. Pro Jean Postec admitted in an interview, “The truth is I still have a hard time making the 720 in contests.”
To put things into perspective some more, here are some achievements by other well-known young skateboarders:
- Shaun White is definitely one of the younger competitors on vert, but he turn pro in skateboarding until he was 17. (He did, however, get his first snowboarding sponsor at the age of 7).
- Mitchie Brusco is the youngest skater to land a 900 at the age of 14.
- Lyn-z Adams Hawkins was 13 when she first competed at the X Games and 14 when she won gold.
- Ryan Sheckler became the youngest X Games gold medalist when he won Skateboard Park in 2003 at the age of 13.
- Nyjah Huston is right before Ryan in Guinness World Records 2010 as the youngest X Games competitor; he was 11 when he debuted in 2006.