I’m really sorry for lagging on these updates. Life has been throwing curveballs ever since I got back from Aspen; I wasn’t even able to watch all the replays before ESPN took them down. In any case, Friday was the most jam-packed day so I hope to be back to posting more regularly.
Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle
- The bummer about seeing Slopestyle in person is that you only get a view of the money booter, and if you’re not press or VIP, you’re way in the back. Also annoying kids on the ski lift above us liked to purposely shake snow off their boards onto our heads.
- Despite this, I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone rode well.
- Hayley Langland’s rail game was on point.
- Spencer O’Brien got a well-deserved gold.
- Later in the afternoon, I wound up meeting Christy Prior at the Lifeproof booth, and she said it was a really great day to ride.